What You Need to Know About Coronavirus (COVID-19) Medicare Coverage in FL

Medicare is changing its services to help seniors over 65 who are at greater health risk from Coronavirus. Find out what protections are available and whether you need to expand your coverage.

Coronavirus is all over the news lately, and for good reason. Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected. People over 60 are at higher risk for serious complications from the disease, such as hospitalization or pneumonia.

Now is the time for seniors to act: Do I have enough health coverage? How Much Will Medicare Cover if I get Coronavirus?

The Good News: Congress passed legislation covering people’s costs for getting tested

Tests for the coronavirus ordered by a health care provider who accepts Medicare are covered under Part B (outpatient services). This is the case if you are enrolled in traditional Medicare or Medicare Advantage. Co-pay and deductible amounts for the test have been waived, along with associated services such as physician visits or hospital observation.

The Bad News: Not all medical expenses are covered

As infectious disease rapidly spreads within the United States, questions have arisen over the potential costs people may face if they become severely ill and need treatment. To address these concerns, many large private insurers have agreed to waive copayments and deductibles for testing. However, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) clarified that the out-of-pocket costs for treatment such as hospitalizations would not be waived, meaning the individuals health plan would have to cover these costs.

Act Now To Improve Your Health Coverage

To help Americans access better healthcare, Medigappolicies.org is connecting consumers directly with insurance agents for their area. The phone number is 
833-959-1429
.

Attention Medicare Recipients

Medicare only covers 80% of your medical bills. Medicare Supplement plans help cover the other 20%

Start FREE Quotes Now

map location icon

lock icon YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE